Born on 20 February 1939 in Poznan. Lives and works in Lodz.
He graduated from Mikołaj Kopernik University in Toruń (Department of Fine Arts) and Film, Television and Theatre State Academy in Lodz (Camera Department). From 1970 to 1981 he was an academy lecturer. Co-founder of the Avant-garde group “Zero-61” operating in Torun from 1961 to 1969 and groups “Oko”, STKF “Petla”, “Krag”. Co-organiser of Film Form Workshop and Television Creative Group Station “L” in Lodz, which undertook experimental work in connecting film picture and sound, permanently entering the Polish arena of conceptual and postconceptual art of the 70s. A creator of films, photographic series, video tapes, installations, drawings, objects, conceptual projects and initiator of many events, exhibitions and artistic actions. Since 1971, he has been running a private gallery of present art, the aim of which is exchanging artistic thoughts, provoking creative initiatives – Galeria Wymiany (Exchange Gallery). The gallery collects films, videotapes, documentation, it also produces video films and is a contact office for the international artistic movement INFERMENTAL.